The privacy of our visitors to is important to us.
We recognise that privacy of your personal information is important. Here you will find information on the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit our site, and how we safeguard your information.
We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
This is a free content site. We do not require any information from you (not even a user name or password). We do not sell any information from our site to any outside party. The only e-mail sent from our websites is in response to an inquiry that you may send us or as a result of joining our double opt-in e-mail list. If anything comes to your attention which could potentially be a violation of this policy, please let us know immediately so that we can investigate it and try to correct it.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
Specific Cookies Used
- Google Analytics – These cookies are used to track how people use the site. These cookies include _utma, _utmb, _utmc, and _utmz.
- Google Advertising – These cookies are used by Google adsense to improve advertising targeting to your interests and site content. These cookies begin with _ga and _gat.
- PIWIK Analytics – Open source website usage tracking software. These include cookies beginning with _pk.
- Account Cookies — If you have an account or comment on this site, cookies are used verify you are the same person when you are logged in, and your preferences. These include cookies beginning with wordpress_, gdbbx_, bp-activity and wp-settings-.
- Cookie Message — Once you have been informed about cookies, a cookie is stored to track that you have seen the message, and it won’t be shown again. This cookie is named icc_cookie_message.
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.